Not only are you giving to a great cause that helps all, but your membership allows for continued growth and membership perks for all.
Wabash Marketplace, Inc. is a non-profit organization with a mission to foster community and economic development in Historic Downtown Wabash through promotion, design, economic redevelopment, and historic preservation.
Why Should I Be a Member of Wabash Marketplace, Inc.?
We are a non-profit organization focused solely on the economic and cultural health of downtown:
- Downtown-specific marketing and full-time advocacy.—we lobby local and state government directly and liaison with local entities on behalf of this area’s stakeholders
- Focused—on the success of the small business and Mom & Pop store
- Anti-sprawl—we’ve always promoted the economic model of the future: more walking, more community
- Pro-beautification—we plant and maintain landscaping, install and maintain benches, trash cans and public art
- Pro-community—Sponsor of the Wabash Farmer’s Markets on Saturday and Wednesday
Committee work we organize and sponsor:
- Public Art: Thought-provoking, place-making Public Art in every corner of downtown: already funded And making dynamic impact downtown.
- Design and beautification of Downtown: Streetscape, maintenance of historic buildings, yearly Holiday decorations, bike
- Economics: creating solutions for the fiscal health of individual businesses
- Promotions: events, PR, marketing, funded by us
- Organization: to keep merchants, board members, and community leaders working together with “Esprit de Corps”
Specific benefits of membership:
- Advocacy: We provide a unified voice for our downtown and our small business owners.
- Information and Resources: We provide professional resources and materials in support of small business development.
- Marketing: We advertise our members’ businesses for free through social media, press releases, and more. All of our members are listed on our website which received over 40,000 hits a month. Priority referrals go to our members. Downtown events focus on our merchants.
- Networking: We provide opportunities for our small business owners to gather to exchange ideas and build connections.
- New business opportunities: We concentrate on finding and facilitating new business opportunities.
- Stability, growth, and development by encouraging investment in downtown Wabash: Our programs combat downtown deterioration and increase property values. We have recently purchased, with the hope of saving, the Bedford and Bradley buildings, two buildings crucial to the appearance and vitality to our downtown.
- Facade and other grants: as a non-profit, we have access to significant funding which we channel to our members – Façade grant programs have injected millions of dollars into downtown Wabash– membership keeps you grant eligible for Stellar Grants.
- Low-cost loans: we can bridge the gap between what the bank will loan you and what you need for your historic building.
- Downtown business community facilitation: We are the sponsors of the Merchant Roundtable, First Fridays, The Annual Sidewalk Sale, Farmer’s Market, Downtown Holiday Night To Remember, the Halloween Event, and more!
- Visibility and recognition: We draw attention to downtown and its businesses.
- Your vote chooses the WMI board of directors